Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Projections Part II

What a week! OMG there was a lot covered and if you missed one tiny little step, boy did you know it.  This week we were tasked with downloading various bits of data, raster and vector files, from the labins.org and FGDL.org websites.  These two sites are a wealth of GIS resources if you need data for the state of Florida. Georgia, where I live has a GIS Clearinghouse that I have visited in the past. However, with the knowledge that I have gained this past week concerning data files and data projections, the next time I visit the GIS Clearinghouse it will be a whole new experience.


Projections Part II

My map this week shows the locations of SCTM sites in Escambia county.  I think as map makers, we may not always know the subject matter we are creating, but rather we create for the end user.  I don't know the first thing about SCTM sites, but undoubtedly, my end user would.

No comments:

Post a Comment