Friday, June 20, 2014

Geoprocessing with Python

This week was a little less stressful than last week.  Having used geoprocessing tools in ArcMap, I think I had a more clear understanding of what I needed to accomplish my task.  This week we needed to create XY coordinates from an existing point feature class.  Next we needed to create a 1000 meter buffer around the points, and then dissolve that buffer.  Our script needed to print all messages from each of the geoprocessing steps.  These are the result messages as they appear when using Python in ArcMap .

Script results


I must admit, I always get a little nervous when I see someone else has taken a different route to get the desired results.  I have flashbacks to six grade algebra and the nuns at Catholic school yelling "You have to show your work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment